Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ephesus


2 weeks ago I went to the conference in kusadasi(western Turkey) with adana aiesecers but unfortunately it was cancelled because the anakra LC people were involved in a bus accident and 2 people lost their lives. It was really sad to see everyone disappointed and hurt. I hope the families of the people who lost their lives cope with this great tragic loss.

Since the conference was cancelled I decided to go to Izmir to visit Fari(Turkish friend) and i stayed with him for 3 days.I should say it is an impressive city.The next day did a day trip to Ephesus.Efes the famous turkish beer is actually named after Ephesus.It is an ancient roman city with lots of impressive structures.The most impressive was the Great Ephesus Theater with a capacity of 25000 people(Picture of the Theater).The town near efes is selcuk.which i thought was very pretty.In selcuk i meet a local guy.Who showed me around Efes and even took me home for a cup of tea.

The next day went around Izmir and explored the main parts of the city with fari.By the end of it all i was really tired and dint want to do anything the next day so i relaxed the whole day went for a movie and bought the most expensive bus ticket to mersin as i dint want to tire myself as i had to be in office the next morning.The bus was very impressive with two decks,comfortable seats and excellent service.On the whole the trip to Izmir was not great but I was happy that i atleast saw and travelled to a diffrent part of turkey.

1 comment:

Dragos said...

Man, congrats for starting posting. it's great you can now share amazing experiences you live in Turkey.
I miss time I've spent there so much, now I can read your lines and remember how it was :)))
See you in Romania.